Sunday, March 13, 2011

Watching Dot Lan


Finding a new home isn't easy. Several factors kind of bully their way in on the hunt for a new place to call home. The current hole we're in has a static high security exit, and C3 exit. We as a team, are banking on that C3 exit being something worthwhile to tackle.  The times that C3 leads to an unknown space I deem worthy of our presence, currently seems a little rare. The times it has been a sight to see, which is only once so far, there were battles occurring in our current space and we as a team felt it risky to move.

I did manage to get one more fleet mate in! He had to jump through nineteen hoops to get to our high security static, but he made it. So now with four people, we'll hopefully be a team to contend with. This should make the C3 coming up a bit easier to handle. We'll see how it goes.

Watching Dot Lan can be interesting too. Today I did a scan immediately and saw a drake. Later, I saw a Stiletto!  Eventually with a refresh of the Dot Lan web page, I'd find that there were two kills. I suppose whoever came into our used home was hunted down and shot full of holes. They'd killed around 50 NPC's before being riddled with holes. I'm kind of curious with what happened. I've heard rumors that PVP'ers will mark all of the combat sites and just warp to them to look for you rather than using probes, if it's their home. For this very reason, I grow shy of hitting combat sites when there's only 5 or so left. I suppose it's a silly fear, but it's there, in the back of my mind.

Anyhow, while everyone else was off doing their thing, I went out into known space to indulge a little. The Minmatar stations are always delightful! Though, their women weren't what Ornisk's eyes were on. I finally gave him the money to buy himself a T3 that he's been training for. Do I feel it's a little wasteful? Hell yes. Do I really care? Hell no! It's actually cheaper than Chioxin's Legion. The Tengu only cost about 500 million ISK tops. It is however, fully explorer fit. I'm rather impressed with it actually, as it has more agility and warps off faster than the buzzard! It gives me more range on my tractors, can salvage, hack, and break codes. This thing is basically my destroyer plus buzzard in one ship! There's not a single gun on it, at least until someone allows you to use salvagers as close ranged weapons. I suppose that day will never come. I can't wait to start using it.

I wish I had more pictures. I wish it were a little easier to take them! It's rather terrifying at times to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment