Saturday, March 19, 2011

A New Challenge


And so we continue onward. It's been a couple of days really. As Ornisk, I watched our class 2 every night just trying to figure out what was going on. There were 7 sites left, and every time someone warped in to run them, someone else would come in after and crush them. Dotlan constantly showed kills matched with NPC kills. Someone was hunting.

This is kind of nerve wracking for me, I'm not the PVP'er and enjoy my PVE content uninterrupted. That isn't to say I'm naive either. I'm well aware of the dangers out here and I've already committed my assets to the possibility of being entirely wiped off the face of EVE. It really sucks to think of it that way, but that's just how these things go. Despite that, I'll fight tooth and nail if I have to in order to defend what little it is we have with us. If that time comes. Secretly, I hope it doesn't.

In the down time I managed to find a Radar site, and when no one replied to the email, I went and did it myself. I earned 107 million isk that night. I'm rather surprised at how much I made off of one site. In my adventures, it seems to have been very on and off. Hit or miss. Some times we make a bucket load off of 5 sites, other times we make that same bucket load in 10 to 15 sites. So wierd. We hope that C3's will bring us better rewards however.


We finally found a suitable C3 though to hop into. It has a plethora of sites to run and that made me happy. It had been a while and I was getting rather grumbly about it. I think the rest of my crew can attest to that! We'd find a perfect site, but either our hole or the other hole would be too hot to move all our stuff. That or someone in the team just wasn't capable of making it out.

I originally thought it pretty safe, but when I called everyone in to make the move we found a carrier lurking on scan. That's a pretty terrifying thought to me at least! Though after checking out the PoS's in the system, we have the feeling this is a corporation that's here building the carriers. Heh, maybe we can purchase one off of them with all the loot we gather!

Either way, we're here to stay now. There's about 10 sites out there to run. With the four of us, they should be pretty quick even though they are C3's. We're looking forward to the challenge of the new wormhole. If we find this to be far to easy, we may start considering C4's in our searches for homes to scavenge for sleeper parts. Baby steps though... Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment